Thursday, December 29, 2011

No "One Time" Today

Played in the Poker Shootout in Roland, OK Yesterday.

$30 Buy-In w/ unlimited re-buys until the 1st break. Looked to be about 45 players today.

Overall I was happy with my play. 

The first good hand I got was pocket deuces. I limped in and got trip on the flop. I bet the turn and got 2 callers. There were no flush or straight possibilities and I really wanted to maximize my earning on this hand as I felt confident I had the best hand. I was first to act and I checked. I was really hoping one of them would bet trying to take the pot. Then I would re raise. Unfortunately,  they both checked and I only won a decent size pot instead of the monster I was hoping for.

At one point I found myself all In with A10s vs K2 preflop. I was lucky and caught an Ace on the river to stay in the tournament. I went with no intention of rebuying today. I had no extra money in my wallet!

I made it to the break in pretty good shape with a middle of the road chip stack. The first hand after the break I get KQs. I'm first to act so I call the $600 blind. There are 1 other caller and the BB goes all in. He has me covered but with the 7th best starting hand it's to tempting for me not to call and so I do.

It's my KQs vs his A4. He hits and Ace on the flop and I blank on everything else and my day is over. 

I suppose I could have laid down my KQs but I feel like I made the right play and I'm not disappointed with the call. In the case he got lucky and I didn't.

Unlike weeks past I didn't see any glaring mistakes in my play this week.

Earnings: $0
Investment: $145
+/- = ($145)

See ya next week! Hopefully with better results!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment