Wednesday, January 18, 2012

3 Up & 3 Down

I've done a poor job keeping up with this blog after each tournament! 

I've played in 3 tournaments since my last entry.

Made it to the Final Table on the 1st. Finished in 7th. Played very conservative. No rebuys. Made it to the break with $10K in chips and pretty much stayed there. There were 25 players.

Made it to the break in the 2nd Tournament. 30 players. I didn't have to rebuy and played very conservative again. Knocked out in 24th place.

Today I changed up my style to try and be very aggressive. Playing A's with mid kickers and trying to get involved in more hands before the break. I wanted to build up a nice size chip stack to take with me to the later levels. Early on I called an All-In with AK. I was up against 7's and won. I won a few pots here an there. Then raised to All-In with A6. I was called by A4. A4 was on the board and I lost. Had to rebuy for $20. Just a little while later I went All in pre-flop with A4 and was up against 77's again. I lost this time and did not rebuy.

I suppose If I win either one of those hands I'm sitting pretty. But I didn't so I'm sitting here blogging. 

I think I'll go back to my conservative grind it out approach. After all, I did make it to a final table playing that way. One 4 spots from being in the money. 

Earnings: $0
Investment: $235
+/- = ($235)

No comments:

Post a Comment